Well hockey fans, it’s September, and that means that the breadth and quality of NHL news is gradually building, not necessarily with my own writing, but hey! Here is look around the league. . . .
- Clayton Stoner of the Minnesota Wild took part in some trophy big game hunting in British Columbia this off-season. And apparently the big fella took some heat for his endeavours.
- Gary has posted the Islanders rookie training camp roster here. Camp started today for the rookies and will go through the 10th.
- Islanders Ice Girls apparently have some new outfits this year.
- Kevin Paul Dupont, formerly of the Boston Globe, highlighted some of the remaining NHL free agents before he recently left the Globe’s staff. It’s about one week old, but still a great look at who is out there.
- Rich over at Eyes on Isles posted a piece about Okposo’s make or break year. Great write up. But doesn’t it always seem like a critical year for Kyle Okposo?! Side note: Love your stuff Rich, but Kyle is not even CLOSE to playing Patrice Bergeron-like hockey in the playoffs! (Punctured lung, broken rib, 2 Stanley Cup Finals!!!)
- Gary and John will have GM Garth Snow on Sports Talk Radio 1240. Tune in Sunday night at 8! Try here to listen live via the web. Best quality.
- And lastly, if you haven’t seen it yet, Teemu Selanne announced in fine fasion that he is coming back for one more year with the Ducks. Check it out. Dude has an exceptional sense of humor. I love Teemu. Class act. Might be a Teemu jersey in my future.
And speaking of Teemu. Here is today’s random hockey card. For the old fellas.